We are looking for a vibrant, energetic and creative Executive Producer who is looking to join us and grow with the success of the Company.
The Executive Producer will drive the strategic management of the Company and oversee the delivery of its artistic programs. Reporting directly to the Artistic Director & CEO (Shaun Parker), the Executive Producer supports Shaun Parker’s artistic vision with strong creative producing skills to generate and implement the Company’s repertoire of world-class work at a national and international level.
Features of the role
- Lead the Creative Producing of the Company’s new works in development.
- Work with a creative arts organisation with established infrastructure and support including already-secured medium-term funding from Create NSW, and a diverse, experienced and supportive Board committed to agility, pace, practicality and innovation.
- Collaborate with and get exposure to national and international networks, with the potential for regular international (post-Covid) trips to Arts Markets or like forums.
- Contribute to leading an organisation to produce and tour Shaun Parker’s works across Australia and to the international stage.
- Shape and drive societal impact through the education and development of youth.
- Working with our outstanding dancers and creatives over a range of projects.
- Supported by direct-reports full-time Project Co-Ordinator, part-time Project Producer, Consultant Finance Manager, Consultant Publicist, Bookkeeper, and Graphic Designer.
- Identify, develop, negotiate, and produce new works, artistic programs, and tours (national, and international).
- Identify and drive new presentation opportunities and income streams for the Company and to generate sustainable income from the Company’s repertoire of work.
- Coordinate the delivery of all relevant activities and resources involved in the Shaun Parker and & Company program’s successful delivery.
- Manage contract preparation, negotiation and execution.
- Develop and implement the Company’s international market development strategy in consultation with the Artistic Director/CEO.
Stakeholder and Public Relations:
- Build and maintain relationships with presenters, stakeholders, partners, and collaborators; cultivate and maintain relationships with national and international venues, agencies, and festivals.
- Maintain and build advantageous relationships with other organisations to enable partnerships that help meet and/or enhance the Company’s objectives.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive engagement and communication strategy to grow relationships with key stakeholders within the private sector, government, non-government agencies, donors, sponsors, and philanthropists to further promote and develop the Company and its programs.
Governance & Financial Management:
- Provide high-level advice and guidance to ensure the Company’s effective administration, governance, and operation.
- Oversee financial management of the Company’s operations: develop and manage annual organisational and project budgets; supervise finance staff; coordinate financial reporting, and annual audit.
- Attend Board meetings where required, reporting on organisational activities, programs, financial status, and progress against strategic objectives and any issues affecting the operations of the Company.
- Manage relationships with key funders (Australia Council and Create NSW) and manage grant submission agendas; prepare or oversee funding submissions and acquittals for government, philanthropic, partner, and sponsor organisations.
Marketing and Communications:
- Ensure that the organisation develops and maintains a strong contemporary brand by overseeing all aspects of marketing and communications including digital marketing strategies.
- Ensure the delivery of marketing strategies that develop audiences and drive ticket sales.
- Ensure the Company’s positioning and communications deliver a consistent brand message.
- Manage the Graphic Designer and PR/Social Media consultants where required.
The Executive Producer should possess:
- Extensive experience and proven track record in creative producing performing arts productions and programming.
- Experience in touring performing arts productions, nationally and internationally, and a network of relevant contacts both in Australia and overseas.
- Extensive track record of securing arts funding with excellent grant writing skills.
- Senior management experience at an executive level.
- Proven expertise in budgeting and financial management.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Experience in negotiating contracts with artists, partners and venue management.
- Strong understanding of the technical aspects of theatrical productions.
- Experience in developing marketing and publicity strategies and in briefing consultants.
- Proven ability to identify and negotiate program funding opportunities in both government and private sectors.
- Ability to represent the Company in a wide range of contexts.
- A commitment to the principles of inclusive ways of working and equal opportunities.
- Experience working collaboratively, managing and leading small teams.
- A high level of autonomy, personal integrity and demonstrated good judgement.
- A vibrant, energetic and pro-active personality, who has a positive and solutions-based management style with other staff.
- Strong creative producing skills to deliver Shaun Parker’s singular and world-class artistic vision.
Date of commencement: Flexible – In consultation with successful applicant.
-Negotiated based on experience and track record
-Potential of bonuses based on % of successful grant/philanthropy funding
For queries and to submit an application please email us:
-CV, a covering letter, and a document outlining how you meet each of the Key Criteria.
Email to: email@example.com by 5:00 PM March 12th 2020 Eastern Standard Time (EST).