Shaun Parker & Company seeks a dynamic and experienced Development Manager to join our growing team in Sydney.
This senior role is responsible for leading the strategy, delivery and evaluation of all fundraising, including individual and corporate donations, philanthropy, community funding and corporate partnerships. The Development Manager works to maximise income diversity and is responsible for maintaining current partners and finding new opportunities for partnership. The role reports to the Executive Producer and works closely with the Artistic Director to support the company’s vision.
The role is offered at 0.8 FTE at $78,000 pro rata ($62,400 annual salary) plus superannuation of 9.5%, and flexible working conditions may be negotiated with the preferred candidate.
A full Position Description can be accessed here
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLIITIES
The Development Manager:
- Services existing donors and develops strategies to engage new donors.
- Secures philanthropic income from trusts and foundations. This includes researching opportunities, developing and maintaining close relationships with key staff and trustees.
- Plays an active role in the development of Shaun Parker & Company’s strategic direction, particularly in relation to partnership opportunities and income diversification.
- Represents the company to key stakeholders within the arts and philanthropic sectors, including to current and potential donors, corporate partners, trusts and foundations.
PRIVATE GIVING AND PHILANTHROPY
- Develop, deliver and evaluate Shaun Parker & Company’s private giving and philanthropy strategies, in line with the organisation’s strategic plan, to achieve agreed annual targets.
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors and ensure a high level of donor stewardship.
- Design and manage giving and fundraising campaigns and events, working closely with Management (Executive Producer and Artistic Director) to develop strategic approaches.
- Research, write and acquit philanthropic grant submissions, in collaboration with Management.
- Develop Shaun Parker & Company’s corporate partnership strategy with the Management team.
- Generate revenue and in-kind support by identifying and approaching potential corporate partners.
- Manage all aspects of corporate partnerships – including contracts, servicing, evaluation and reporting.
NETWORKS & RELATIONSHIPS
- Proactively build and strengthen relationships with personnel from key trusts and foundations, corporate partners and individual donors.
- Represent the company to key stakeholders as required, including through attendance at conferences and industry events, and through relationships with organisations including Creative Partnerships and Philanthropy Australia.
- Work to engage all members of the Board in philanthropic activity and advocacy.
- Consolidate and maintain the CRM to manage current and prospective donors, trusts and grants.
- Engage with and contribute to the organisation’s vision and goals
- Contribute to the evolution of the organisation’s broader branding strategy
- Take a proactive approach to developing organisation processes that relate to the key duties and responsibilities
- Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning and attend board meetings where required.
- Fulfil all legal requirements related by fundraising activities and report to government bodies as required (ROCO and ACNC)
- Undertake other duties from time to time as directed by the Executive Producer or Artistic Director.
- Uphold the company’s OH&S policy by maintaining a safe working environment and procedures that comply with legislation.
- Develop event-specific Risk Assessment Plans as required and monitor performance against those plans.
- A proven track record in developing and managing successful fundraising campaigns and donor programs, and achieving financial targets.
- Demonstrated experience securing and managing grants from philanthropic trusts and foundations and/or from government funding avenues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong financial literacy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Australian cultural and philanthropic contexts and networks.
- High level relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a small dynamic team while managing a complex workload.
- Strong digital skills, including in Microsoft Office, CRM software and social media channels.
- Maturity of judgement, resilience and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Driver’s license preferred
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter addressing each selection criteria and a current CV (as a single PDF document of no more than 5 pages) to Executive Producer Katherine Fyffe at email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 24th March, with the subject line “Development Manager Application”. Please include the contact details of at least two professional referees. Interviews will be held on in the week of 3rd April with the role commencing as soon as possible. Enquiries about the role can be directed to Executive Producer Kath Fyffe on 0414 357 557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.