POSITION: Associate Producer
ORGANISATION: Shaun Parker & Company
REPORTS TO: the Executive Producer
SALARY: $70,000 per annum
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
Shaun Parker & Company is one of Australia’s most far-reaching dance companies, having toured extensively internationally to 18 countries across Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. Based in Sydney, the Company has delivered a range of award winning dance theatre productions, outdoor festival works and transformative dance education programs. Shaun Parker & Company is renowned for its powerful, humanist, dance theatre productions, which have touched audiences across the globe, transcending boarders and demographics. The Company through its education program is committed to delivering a range of dance programs for young people including performances and workshops.
The Associate Producer will be empowered to produce and manage several of the artistic programs including national tours as well as driving the Company’s vibrant education program. In particular, the Associate Producer will coordinate the forth-coming tour of The Yard, an award-winning anti-bullying program dealing with the themes of bullying, social exclusion, peer pressure and resilience through dance and music. The role will work across key areas including contracting, scheduling, project management and marketing and communications.
We are looking for a candidate with energy, enthusiasm and commitment with exceptional time management skills, ability to work cohesively as part of a small team and with the capacity to work independently.
- Prepare and monitor budgets for projects in consultation with the Executive Producer.
- Produce Shaun Parker & Company’s artistic programs, productions and schedule of National and school tours.
- Contracting for productions including artists and production staff.
- Work with the Artistic Director and Executive Producer to build key relationships with National presenters, schools and the private sector.
- Venue management and coordination.
- Identify and negotiate future programming opportunities for the company in Australia.
- Support the vision of the Artistic Director.
- At least three years experience in producing performing arts productions and programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge and broad understanding of contemporary dance practice and network of relevant contacts in Australia.
- Proven competency in budgeting and financial management.
- Experience in negotiating contracts with artists and venue management.
- Strong understanding of the technical aspects of theatrical productions.
- Experience in developing marketing and publicity strategies and in briefing consultants.
- Proven ability to identify and negotiate program-funding opportunities in both government and private sectors.
- Understanding of Education and school touring requirements.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to manage external relations and build strong relationship with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload, set priorities and effective time management.
- Capacity to work within a small team as well as the ability to work autonomously.
The Associate Producer reports to the Executive Producer (and CEO/Artistic Director where required.)
The Associate Producer works within the budget and organizational framework set by
the Executive Producer.
To be considered for this position, please provide the following information to the selection panel:
- Your current resume.
- Contact details for at least two professional referees.
- A cover letter and a direct written response addressing the selection criteria outlined above.
Applications are open until COB 5pm, 29th January 2018
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are scheduled for February 1st, 2nd & 3rd.2018
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Note: Please write Employment – Associate Producer Position in Email Subject Heading.